College football’s strange but true historical facts for each Top 25 team
From the origins of Appalachian State mascot Yosef to Florida’s coach getting arrested in Cuba during the 1912 Bacardi Bowl, these are just a few of the hard-to-believe stories for college football’s top teams.
Personal Finance Daily: Student loan borrowers say the government is unfairly taking their tax refunds — here’s what they are doing about it, and Chase Sapphire reward points can now be redeemed for groceries and takeout
Friday’s top personal finance stories
This week’s top stories: macOS Catalina 10.15.5 features, iOS 13.5 jailbreak, and more
In this week’s top stories: Apple opens many more retail stores in the United States and other countries, a jailbreak for iOS 13.5, macOS Catalina 10.15.5 released for everyone, and more. Read on for all of this week’s biggest news.
The post This week’…
jwz: Everyone at Facebook is qwhite complicit
Violet Blue: New York Times tech columnist Kevin Roose spotted that the “top 10 stories on Facebook over the past 24 hours” were all from Fox News, “Blue Lives Matter,” and similar sources. Meaning: the slant of all stories in FB’s “top 10” (surfaced to the m…
Facebook launched its Bitmoji-like Avatars. Here’s how to make yours
Say goodbye to the days of only being able to express your emotions through the generic sad, happy, angry or thumbs up emojis on Facebook.
Daily Crunch: SpaceX’s crewed spacecraft successfully launches and docks
SpaceX made history this weekend, tech executives respond to the ongoing protests against racism and Zynga announces a big acquisition. Here’s your Daily Crunch for June 1, 2020. 1. SpaceX’s first crewed spacecraft successfully docks with the International Sp…
Spotify surpassed Pandora’s share of digital audio time in 2019 to become top audio platform
- Business Insider Intelligence and eMarketer are now Insider Intelligence, a digitally-focused research company from Insider Inc.
- This story was delivered to Insider Intelligence eMarketer Briefing subscribers earlier this morning.
The Fed unveils top corporate-bond ETFs targeted in its $1.3 billion stimulus spree
- A Friday release detailed which corporate-credit ETFs the Federal Reserve bought up from the program’s May 12 start to May 18.
- BlackRock’s iShares iBoxx US Dollar Investment Grade Corporate Bond ETF was the most purchased, with the central b…
The anti-vax movement is using growing hesitation around the coronavirus vaccine to attract more people
- Some recent surveys suggest Americans, especially young ones, are wary of a coronavirus vaccine.
- The anti-vaccine movement is capitalizing on this skepticism, including at a recent in-person conference held in North Carolina…
How leaders should address race with their employees, the Warren Buffett of tech, and top healthcare startups
New York. Atlanta. Los Angeles. Denver. Dallas. Detroit. Washington, DC. Seattle. Miami. Chicago.
Thousands marched in cities across the US last night, with many of the protests turning violent.
The protests first broke out in Minneapolis after a bla…
Facebook launches Shops to bring more businesses online during the pandemic
A major new push into e-commerce will bring an Instagram shopping tab, shoppable live streams, and more. Facebook Shops begin rolling out today.
Cybercrime against healthcare groups ‘worldwide’ is on the rise during coronavirus pandemic, top UN official warns
Twitter Bots Drove the Push to ‘Reopen America,’ Study Finds
This might not come as a surprise if you ever use Twitter, but it turns out bots are driving the push to “reopen America” on the platform.Read more…
La Liga aiming to resume season starting June 11
La Liga chief Javier Tebas confirmed that the first match to be played in Spain’s top tier will be between Sevilla and Real Betis.
The top 9 shows on Netflix and other streaming services this week
- Every week, Parrot Analytics provides Business Insider with a list of the nine most in-demand original TV shows on streaming services in the US.
- Disney Plus’ “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” is still the top series, despite concluding earlier thi…
The 50 best Memorial Day 2020 sales on clothing, shoes, and accessories
You can score major discounts this Memorial Day weekend on clothing, shoes, and accessories from top retailers including Anthropologie, Madewell, and more.
Coronavirus: Tory MPs urge Dominic Cummings to resign
But Downing Street says fresh claims Dominic Cummings broke lockdown rules are “false”.
Look Out for This Covid-19 Excel Phishing Scam
Plus: An iOS leak, an EasyJet breach, and more of the week’s top security news.
11 Best Mattress Deals and Sales for Memorial Day (2020)
Just about all of our WIRED Recommended bed-in-a-box mattresses are on sale for the holiday weekend.
John Krasinski’s ‘Some Good News’ was more than just a show — it was a life raft
No matter how bad life may seem, you can always find some good news to smile about.
John Krasinski reminded us all of that easily forgotten fact when he spearheaded an online positivity movement during one of the country’s darkest times.
On March 25, near the…
CULTIVATED: We’re back! — The rise of cannabis SPACs — Top psychedelics startups
Welcome back to Cultivated, our weekly newsletter where we’re bringing you an inside look at the deals, trends, and personalities driving the multibillion-dollar global cannabis boom.
Sign up here to get it in your inbox every week.
If you want a discount t…
Coronavirus: What’s happening in Canada on Wednesday – CBC.ca
- Coronavirus: What’s happening in Canada on Wednesday CBC.ca
- COVID-19 update: Trudeau addresses Canadians | Special coverage CBC News
- Coronavirus: What’s happening in Canada on May 19 CBC.ca
- Get informed on the top stor…